What does Mail Art look like? As the artist, you decide. Mail Art is essentially art using the postal service as the medium.
Founder of the Art Day holiday, Becky Mate says “Mail Art can be sent to anyone, and is all about opening your mail and finding a postcard from an artist. It is friendly, compact, instant joy.” Additionally, she encourages all to send their mail art to AFABW by July 13, 2010.
2010 AFABW Mail Art Participation Details:2010 AFABW Mail Art Participation Details:
0. The Mail Art theme is “Celebrate Artists!”
1. Mail your mail art so it arrives by July 13, 2010 (allow time for postal service in your country or state), along with your email and regular address, to:
ARTISTS FOR A BETTER WORLD (AFABW) INTERNATIONAL
PO Box 11081
Glendale, CA 91226
3. A panel of art lovers will select the top Mail Art. The criteria will include aesthetics, colors, imagination and the theme of “Celebrate Artists.”
4. The top Mail Art will be featured at the 10th Annual Artists For A Better World Arts Festival in Hollywood, California in the fall of 2010. If you can attend the festival you’re in for a treat. If you cannot make it, your mail art will be your ambassador.
5. Additionally, the top Mail Art will be featured on the AFABW website. (Click here for the 2009 Mail Art Selections).
6. On August 13, 2010, knowing you’ve participated in a worldwide effort to celebrate artists, Have a Happy Art Day!